Monday, March 31, 2014

March 10 2014

HOLA FAMILIA,

Alright, so a LOT changed this week. Pretty much the ENTIRE ZONE had transfers... including Jackie Chan :( he got changed to the area I was in before being his companion. Remember Salamanca? Elder Aldana? Yeah, now E´ Poma is over there... Now they´ve given me a companion from the state of Mexico, from where I was before I got switched to the QuerĂ©taro mission. Everythings getting switched around. My new comp´s name is Flores, and he´s actually way cool, but that doesn´t change the fact that the zone isn´t that cool anymore. I honestly though I´d be finishing my mission with the zone I was with... but you can´t have your cake and eat it too, hah, I just gotta make the best of this zone now. but is it weird that in a little less than 3 months, I´ll be home? I Don´t even feel like I´m close to leaving :p sometimes it hits me, but then I get over it again.
ANYWAY, we had 2 baptisms this Saturday! Rogelio and Cristina. haha, I love them, they´re like my Mexican grandpa and grandpa :) it was quite the adventure too, because Cristina´s way sick. In her liver, her brain, and other things that made us doubt the possibility of her baptism happening, but she asked for a blessing, and told us that God would give her the stregth, and just to schedule the ordinance. So we did. And when she came out of the water, she started coughing up blood, and passed out. my companion told me to help him pull her out, and I did. later we found out that she hadn´t taken any of her pills that day. We sat her in a chair, got her to wake up, and the first thing she said to me was, "Elder Sheppard... did I get baptized?" I told her yes, and her eyes filled with tears, and all she said was, "Thank you." It was crazy. it touched my heart... I didn´t cry though, haha, but this couple will always be a huge exaple of faith for me, just like Fabiola, wherever I go from now on.
Well, That´s all for this week. It was a good story to analyze for the next few weeks, right? haha, I´ll talk to you all next week! stay in school (If you´re actually doing the work).

Elder Stormy Sheppard

No comments:

Post a Comment